My Daytime Date Style & Taking the Scenic Route
I love date nights, but I think I might like “date days” even more. 9 times out of 10 it’s a more relaxed & less fussy agenda.
I’m always on the hunt for interesting restaurants or fun things to do on Yelp. If I read an article or see an advert it doesn’t matter, I always go to Yelp to view the business & peruse the pictures. I will bookmark the places I like & if I’m ever in the area I already have options I know that I’m interested in at my fingertips.
I was recently in Redondo Beach with my husband for a conference & on the Saturday that we left to come home, traffic was a nightmare (a Southern California fact of life.) At the time, it was mid-day & we were both starving so I made a reservation for a restaurant near by. Unfortunately, after circling for about 20 minutes for parking to no avail (another Southern California fact of life,) we decided to find a new lunch spot. Since I knew traffic was terrible anyways, I picked a scenic route knowing our destination was a Mexican Food restaurant about 25 minutes away in Rolling Hills.
I’d never driven through Rolling Hills, CA before & it is so pretty, with large trees & a busy walking path. (I was tempted to pull over & check it out but my stomach would’ve probably veered my car off the road if I’d tried.) The city sits on top of the Palos Verdes Peninsula & it has kept inline with it’s natural surroundings & integrated it into the look & feel of the town. I definitely will go back to explore a bit more when I get a chance & I’m not quite as hungry.
The lunch spot I’d bookmarked was named Corazon & it resided in the quaintest little area of sidewalk restaurants. It was a really nice day out so we opted to sit outside on the patio & immediately ordered drinks & guacamole. My cucumber margarita was especially delicious & uber refreshing! We took our time eating & did a bit of people watching. It was lovely. All in all, it was a relaxing afternoon that could have been an easily missed opportunity if we’d just gritted our teeth & sat in the 2 hours of traffic.
When was the last time you took the scenic route & tried a new place?
My “Day Date” Outfit:
- Splendid: Slit Tank Dress (Available in 3 Colors.) Also available here & here in both olive green & black. Similar color & style dresses linked here & here.
- Steve Madden: ‘Scenes’ Embellished Suede Heel. (On super SALE for only $27.99!!!!)
- Brixton:‘Wesley’ Wool Fedora. I love this hat so much I got it in black too.
- Quay: ‘Stop and Stare” Sunglasses. My favorite pair I own from the brand.
- Band of Gypsies: Floral Kimono (old.) I love this one & this one too. Any kimono that has pockets is a bonus perk in my book! I also love this kimono from Forever21. It would go perfect with my green dress.
- Stella & Dot: Necklace (old.) Current S&D necklaces I love are the ‘Trove’ Tassle Necklace & the ‘Samar’ Fringe Necklace. Other necklaces I have on my wishlist linked here (in lots of color combos,) & here ( for 40% off!)
- BP: Fringe Messenger Bag (ancient.) Extremely similar bag here & only $42 bucks!!! BP currently has this fringe crossbody for $28. I like this one too (also on SALE.) This Mia Bag is great if you want something that has the option of handles.
My Favorite Stores:
–Spring ’17 has landed at NORDSTROM. Free shipping & returns.
-Shop Vince Camuto Shoes
No Purchase Necessary!
–Hautelook (a Nordstrom Company)
Are you on Hautelook? If not, you should be!
Here’s my direct link if you want to sign up!
–Major Target Store Lover!
My favorite way to shop online: Ebates!
My #1 subscription box this month: Birchbox
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to subscribe & follow me.
A Chic XO,