Mini Big Bear Getaway (Day 2)
It snowed while we were taking these pictures & you can tell by my face that I’m super excited about it. I always tell people I’m “selectively outdoorsy.” In my mind that basically means I will go out into the elements for a few hours maybe even the entire afternoon if I’m feeling adventurous but by the end of the day I’ll want: a hot shower, soft bed & warm drink waiting for me.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried a lot of “outdoorsy” things in my life from ziplining (twice) to parasailing (on our honeymoon, that’s a story in itself!) I have a bit of vertigo, so I feel pretty brave whenever I do something involving heights. I’ve kayaked quite a bit & tubed down a river in Michigan. I’ve gone snorkeling & attempted wake boarding (epic fail.) Hiked to waterfalls & “mud bugged” in Kauai. I can’t say I am particularly good at any of these things but hey I gave it a shot. Okay back to Big Bear!
Places We Visited:
- Nottinghams Restaurant & Tavern– This is where we met up with our friends after their day on the slopes. Get 10% off your bill when you check in with YELP. I had the biggest burger I have ever seen! Prices are fair & the place is huge! Good spot for a large group. Service is a bit slow but the staff was great.
- Murray’s Saloon-dive bar but friendly local vibe. Try their “nachos.” They are basic but actually really good because the chips are made to order.
- North Pole Fudge & Ice Cream Co.– Their fudge was delicious! We also had mint cookies & cream bark. Yum!
- Broadway Cafe– Neighborhood vibe with lots of bbq options. Their online menu is completely wrong but the food is great. I recommend calling to get an idea of the food options ahead of time. We had mimosas on the patio that were delicious. A must: ordering the cheesy chilli tots. You won’t regret it.
- Downtown (in general)– Walk along the main drag, grab a coffee, pop into boutiques, bars, restaurants etc…it’s a great way to spend an afternoon or evening if the weather is good.
Forever 21 Faux Fur Vest (old) Revolve Clothing has some awesome similar styles here.
Sperry Lace Up Rubber Boots. These are extremely old (you can still find them on ebay & poshmark) but the best thing about rubber boots is how durable they are. I found the current lace up boots by Sperry on their website here.
Pom Beanie I found this tan beanie on sale at The Daisy Shoppe in my local mall. It’s a little boutique with lots of girly clothes as well as sweet gifts like mugs, kitchen accessories & wood signs. Check out their online store here.
Diff Eyewear ‘Bella – Matte Black Frame- Pink Mirror Lens.’ Diff is a charitable eyewear company. For every pair sold, they donate a pair of reading glasses. They’ve partnered with”Eyes on Africa.” A non-profit organization with the purpose of distributing glasses to communities in Africa where there is no vision care.
BP. Scarf (old)
You can use my link to shop the BohoBettyUSA site here.
Or copy & paste:http://boho-betty-2.myshopify.com?rfsn=372713.c0653
My 20% off Coupon Code: AMY_AKACHIC (My code never expires & works on SALES)
Discounts & Links:
Thank You for Reading
Follow me on Facebook & Instagram.
(Simply click on the icon.)